The Long Island Film/TV Foundation is established to stimulate and encourage film and TV production on Long Island. Since film and activities on the Island account for over $140 million dollars in revenues per year, the foundation hopes to invite future projects to our area by working closely with industry executives, financiers, film producers, TV/Cable operators and government officials.
The Mission of the Long Island Film/TV Foundation is to provide support and assistance to the individiuals, businesses and organizations that contribute to the economic and cultural vitality of Long Island through film, television and video.
The Goals of the Foundation are to actively:
- Promote Long Island as a choice shooting location for feature films, commercials, documentaries, and TV programs
- Expedite the procurement of permits, releases, and authorization from local and county governments for media producers
- Organize and sponsor special screening festivals to showcase the talent of Long Island filmmakers
- Market the viability of Long Island’s film industry through aggressive promotional and fundraising activities
- Act as a clearing house for filmmakers whose grants need to go through a not-for-profit agency
- To Assist the Nassau and Suffolk County Film Commissions.